en - [sympa-users] LDAP problems...

  • From: Nigel Kersten <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] LDAP problems...
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:36:21 +1100

Hi there.

I'm investigating Sympa at the moment, as I've gotten a bit sick of all the glue code I have to write to sync up my LDAP directory and my Mailman installation.

I'm pretty sure I've fulfilled all the CPAN requirements, but I can't seem to get LDAP working. I've actually even gotten to the stage of breaking out a network sniffer on the traffic between my dev box and the LDAP server, and it doesn't look like the Sympa box is even sending any queries to the LDAP server.

Here's the config for a list.

-------------------
user_data_source include

include_ldap_2level_query
select2 first
timeout1 90
scope2 one
name get-group
attrs2 mail
scope1 one
suffix2 cn=users,dc=my,dc=search,dc=base
suffix1 cn=groups,dc=my,dc=search,dc=base
host my.ldap.server:389
attrs1 memberUid
filter1 (&(objectClass=posixGroup)(cn=computingservices))
timeout2 90
select1 all
filter2 (&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(uid=[attrs1])

I've tested out the equivalent of these queries with ldapsearch from the command line, and they work happily.

Any suggestions for what I should look at now? As I mentioned above, it doesn't even seem like the Sympa install is querying the LDAP server at all.

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.