en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa on RHEL4 (and others)

  • From: John-Paul Robinson <address@concealed>
  • To: Jeff Abbott <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa on RHEL4 (and others)
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:33:27 -0500

You may want to contact Craig Hancock <address@concealed> who just created the builds for FC[34] as part of some work out of the mlist project at Internet2.

http://middleware.internet2.edu/mlist/#Sympa_RPMs

I know from the calls some of these issues were discussed, but don't remember the conclusions. Craig has also shared his build notes at the above url.

It would be good to have a coordinated approach (as much as reasonable) across the RPM builds, especially on RH flavored distros.

~jpr

Jeff Abbott wrote:

We're going to be deploying Sympa on one of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 rebuilds (specifically CentOS -- http://centos.org) and I was interested in finding out from the user community who run Sympa on similar systems what their experience has been with managing the Perl module requirements.

Thoughts? Concerns? Questions? I'm anxious to hear how others have deployed Sympa on similar distributions or OSes.