en - Re: [sympa-users] Database defined in sympa.conf

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Database defined in sympa.conf
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 09:50:44 +0200

A database is REQUIRED to run most sympa processes including archived.pl, task_manager.pl and bounced.pl

You should install a mysql server (or postgresql or oracle or sybase) and configure sympa.conf accordingly.

address@concealed wrote:

When I try to execute sympa I obtain the following mistake

Starting module archived.pl: Database defined in sympa.conf has not the
right structure or is unreachable. If you don't use any database, comment
db_xxx parameters in sympa.conf failure

Starting module bounced.pl: Sympa not setup to use DBI, unable to manage
bounces failure

Starting module task_manager.pl: Database defined in sympa.conf has not the
right structure or is unreachable. If you don't use any database, comment
db_xxx parameters in sympa.conf failure

But I do not have any database mysql for sympa and the parameters in the
file/etc/sympa.conf are remark

[...]