en - Re: [sympa-users] Create a list using include2 via XML file

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Edward Rynes <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Create a list using include2 via XML file
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:32:00 +0200

Hi Edward,

You are mixing 2 Sympa features :
  1. building a mailing list based on an XML file
  2. including list members via LDAP
Therefore and because you don't provide any log entries or config files, I don't understand what is your problem.

Concerning the XML file : apart from 3 mandatory nodes in your XML file (listname, subject and type) it can include any node (lang, language or xxx) ; it justs need to be the same variables as the one you will refer to in the config.tt2 file.

If you provide your XML file, config.tt2, the command line you are running and the result we can probably understand what went wrong.

Edward Rynes wrote: I am trying to create a list from an XML file that gets its  subscribers from an LDAP query.

I can create the list successfully but the LDAP query is not  included.  What is the correct XML syntax for including an  include_ldap_query in a new list?