en - [sympa-users] Oracle DB Table Creation Errors

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Oracle DB Table Creation Errors
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 19:08:40 +0200

Am I the only one having trouble creating the admin_table on an Oracle DB?

Our Oracle DBA insists that there is no such thing as an enum in Oracle and
that the provided table creation parameters are just plain wrong. Since I
can not create the table as suggested I assume he
is correct.

In particular, the line:

role_admin number('listmaster','owner','editor') NOT NULL,

is not valid in an Oracle database.

What am I missing here? Has anyone managed to get Sympa running with an
Oracle DB (with the enums needed in the admin_table)

thanks!