en - [sympa-users] Cookie warning

  • From: Johann Spies <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Cookie warning
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 09:17:48 +0200

System: Debian woody with sympa 3.3.3-3woody2

Logrotated reported:

"sympa.conf/cookie parameter has changed. You may have severe
inconsitencies into password storage. Restore previous cookie or
write some tool to re-encrypt password in database and check spools
contents (look at /etc/sympa/cookies.history file)"

But there is no /etc/sympa/cookies.history and /etc/sympa/cookie has
not changed in the past 10 months.

Now my questions:

1. What could have triggered this warning?
2. How do I "restore previous cookie"? Would copying a backup of
/etc/sympa/cookie to /etc/sympa be enough?
3. Is there a tool available to "re-encrypt password in database and
check spools contents"?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not
so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for
you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will
come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I
am, there ye may be also." John 14:2,3