en - Re: [sympa-users] Re: [sympa-announce] New sympa release 5.0

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Brouard Nicolas <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Re: [sympa-announce] New sympa release 5.0
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:58:19 +0200

Thanks for letting us know about this initiative Nicolas.

We've registered Sympa on the Rosetta website ; we hope it will help.

If some sympa users are willing to translate only part of Sympa user interface, maybe Rosetta is a good place for them to contribute. Here is Sympa webpage on Rosetta (not yet in the translateable status) :
https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/rosetta/products/sympa

Brouard Nicolas wrote:
Note that the set of supported languages (for the user interface) has decreased to 4 languages (English, French, Italian and Hungarian). We will add new translations to the CVS tree when we recieve them.
Information for potential translators : http://www.sympa.org/howtotranslate.html
Concerning the translation, may I point the Ubuntu project named Rosetta
(https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/rosetta). It might encourage people to translate Sympa in other languages and even to improve/update current translated versions. Unfortunately it is not "also" a Wiki and thus there is no space for discussion (like in most wikis and wikipedia), thus comparison with former versions and real work of translators can't be stated as easily as in Wikipedia but it is an important step by limiting the technical aspects of .po and focusing on translation mainly.