en - [sympa-users] Re: [sympa-announce] New sympa release 5.0

  • From: Brouard Nicolas <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: [sympa-announce] New sympa release 5.0
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:23:18 +0200

Le jeudi 21 avril 2005 à 10:25 +0200, Olivier Salaün - CRU a écrit :
Sympa 5.0 is available for download :
http://www.sympa.org/

This is a major release of Sympa, providing many new features :

  • List families : make it possible to automatically create a set of mailing lists that share :
    • a common configuration template
    • a set of constraints
    • templates and authZ scenarios.
  • RSS channels are providing the following features :
    • latest messages in list archives
    • latest documents in web repository
    • latest created mailing lists
    • most active mailing lists
  • New template format using TT2 (http://www.tt2.org)
  • New PO catalog format, gathering all translations in a single file
  • Sympa.pl can fork to have one process dedicated to messages distribution
  • Owners and moderators can be extracted from an external datasource
  • New features related to the web document repository :
    • Documents can be moderated
    • New expert/user modes
    • Allow upload and unzipping of a ZIP file

Refer to the NEWS file for bug fixes and other additional information :
http://www.sympa.org/release.html

Note that the set of supported languages (for the user interface) has decreased to 4 languages (English, French, Italian and Hungarian). We will add new translations to the CVS tree when we recieve them.
Information for potential translators : http://www.sympa.org/howtotranslate.html
Concerning the translation, may I point the Ubuntu project named Rosetta
(https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/rosetta). It might encourage people to translate Sympa in other languages and even to improve/update current translated versions. Unfortunately it is not "also" a Wiki and thus there is no space for discussion (like in most wikis and wikipedia), thus comparison with former versions and real work of translators can't be stated as easily as in Wikipedia but it is an important step by limiting the technical aspects of .po and focusing on translation mainly.

Many thanks for version 5,

Nicolas Brouard

--
Brouard Nicolas <address@concealed>