en - Re: [sympa-users] Users from a DB

  • From: Gwenaelle Bouteille <address@concealed>
  • To: Daniel Cortes <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Users from a DB
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:00:51 +0200

Daniel Cortes wrote:

Thks Olivier.

My version of sympa is 5.0b1
I try this
./bin/sympa.pl --create_list --robot=linux.site --input_file=prueba.xml
and sympa show me the commands that can I do, I don't think that de method was called wrong because is the same that say in the help.

Generally, if you got the help it is because sympa did not get anything in the options command
Reasons for having the help could be :
- the xml file does not exist, the path is not good
- rights on the file are not sufficient : sympa cannot open the file

[...]
<owner multiple="1">
<email>address@concealed</email>
<gecos>Sympaecatino</gecos>

</owner> is missing here

<owner_include multiple="1">
<sql>
<type>mysql</type>
[...]
<query>SELECT DISTINCT email FROM gente WHERE nombre="jhon"</query>
</sql>
</owner_include>

owner_include node does not look like this, it has this form (like editor_include) :

owner_include source myfile

You have to put your sql query in an inclusion file ended by ".incl", the subparameter source
refers to this file (without the ".incl").
See the documentation about this list parameter : http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node305.html
About the data incusion file see http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node255.html

<sql>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>daniol.fib.upc.edu</host>
<user>sympa</user>
<pwd>apmys04</pwd>
<name>test</name>
<query>SELECT DISTINCT email FROM gente</query>
</sql>

Is this query meant for users ?