en - [sympa-users] Multiple auth sources problem

  • From: Anthony Hess <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Multiple auth sources problem
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:59:32 -0700

Hello,

This is a problem I am having getting both ldap and user_table auth to work
at the same time. Its sort of related to the other issue I sent, but I
believe it separate thus the separate email.

I upgraded sympa a year ago from 3.3.x to 4.x. Originally this caused my
ldap auth to break (taking the archiving along with it). This problem was
solved when I upgraded to the latest 4.x branch (4.1.5 I believe), but
suddenly people in the user table could no longer log in (so, people in ldap
couldn't log in before, now its people in user_table).

So, thinking there might be a change from 3.x to 4.x I added user_table
after the ldap entry in my auth.conf ­ unfortunately for some reason that
made sympa stop checking ldap again and just checking the user table. I
tried a few permutations of the regexp command, and then I just took it out
­ all the same behavior. SO, with the current auth.conf Im stuck with it
always trying to check LDAP no matter what.

What I want to happen is that it always checks ldap, and if the user account
isnt there it checks the user table. What change can I make to auth.conf so
it does this? This auth.conf is the one that just checks ldap:

ldap
host fugazi.engr.arizona.edu:389
suffix ou=People,dc=engr,dc=arizona,dc=edu
bind_dn cn=proxyagent,ou=profile,dc=engr,dc=arizona,dc=edu
bind_password I_have_the_bind_password_here
scope one
timeout 10
get_dn_by_uid_filter (uid=[sender])
get_dn_by_email_filter (mail=[sender])
email_attribute mail
alternative_email_attribute email

When I put user_table after this (or before it) is when it always just
checks the user table and not ldap (tested via trying to log in via the
wwsympa web interface).

Ive seen the examples with multiple auth sources, but the thing is that I
always want it to check everything and then move on to the other if it
doesn¹t find it. So what can I do to make it check ldap first, then check
the user table?

I can include logs, but Id like to start with the assumption that its my
ignorance on the proper syntax in auth.conf and then go from there. This
exact file did previously work under 3.x for ldap and user table users. Can
someone help?

Thanks,

Tony