en - Re: [sympa-users] distribution mode

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Amos <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] distribution mode
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:15:07 +0100

Amos wrote:

Sam Lalonde wrote:

The reason I am asking this is that our email servers are VERY busy during the day and we would only like messages to be distributed during slow times. Some of our lists are +20,000 people.

Actually, being able to determine specific lists that should only be delivered to during "off" hours would be a really nice feature to have, if it isn't already there. We too have a number of lists that would be really nice to have "deferred delivery until XX:XX"....

That's right, this feature is wanted by many users and it is easy to understand why it is usefull. Currently it is not part of Sympa. We will do it, please describe your needs in sympa bug tracker system as "feature" category.*

Meanwhile, may be you can do some cron job to emulate it based on the 0 priority feature. When a list is under priority 0, messages are not distributed to that list. A script lunched by cron could change the list priority.

Serge