en - Re: [sympa-users] distribution mode

  • From: Sam Lalonde <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] distribution mode
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:59:10 -0500

Further to the email below...

I can see that if I add:

distribution_mode fork

to my sympa.conf, then when I start sympa it starts 2 sympa.pl processes instead of one. I assume one is for processing commands and one for messages, but how can I tell them apart? Do I need to pass variables to them before they start? How do I do this?

If I know which is which, can I just get cron to kill one at a certain time then start one later on, or is there a "cleaner" way to do it? Has anyone written scripts for this?

I am running Sympa 5.0b.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS3. I start sympa with /etc/init.d/sympa start.

The reason I am asking this is that our email servers are VERY busy during the day and we would only like messages to be distributed during slow times. Some of our lists are +20,000 people.

sam

Sam Lalonde wrote:

Does anyone have any information about how to process commands anytime, but only distribute emails at certain times?

sam