en - [sympa-users] Upgrade/installation woes

  • From: Daniel Bentley <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Upgrade/installation woes
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:11:08 -0700

Currently moving from Mandrake 9.2 with Sympa 4.0.a5 to Mandrake 10.1 with Sympa 4.1.5 and I'm having problems with the new setup...

I can use the wwsympa interface and mysql databases for list configuration just fine, it's the mailing itself the presents the problems. If I point /etc/aliases to:

qtest: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue qtest"

I get an "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" e-mail from Postfix, with the message:

<address@concealed>: Command died with status 1: " /home/sympa/bin/queue qtest"

Now previously, the configuration for Sympa (inherited from previous admin) was spread out in a few different locations, and the line in /etc/aliases was:

<list>: "| /var/lib/sympa/bin/queue <list>"

So I've tried that as well, copying (while preserving permissions) the /home/sympa/bin/ directory to /var/lib/sympa/bin/ and /usr/local/sympa/bin/. I've tried /etc/aliases pointed to queue in both of these directories, and get this same "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" e-mail from Postfix:

<address@concealed>: permission denied. Command output:
/usr/local/sympa/bin/queue: while changing dir to '/home/sympa/spool/msg':
Permission denied

I've made sure /home/sympa/spool/msg/ has the same privileges as the previous /home/sympa/spool/msg path (the full directory tree from /home, not just the target /msg) for 4.0.a5, and I still get the same message.

I'm really not sure what to look at next, my current belief is that this is an issue dealing with permissions of Postfix (ver. 2.1.4, btw) trying to run queue, in a way different from the previous install (Postfix 2.0something). I should note that I also got these last errors after installing and trying to run 4.0.a5 on this same machine (Mandrake 10.1).

Ideas/suggestions on further places to look, permissions to tweak...?