en - Re: [sympa-users] Importing users

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Importing users
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:00:20 +0100

address@concealed wrote:
Hi everybody, I'm a newbie in sympa and i don't know how to do a lot of things.
I read documentation but i haven't a clearly idea how to import database.

I have a database with a lot of users (and their emails) and I want that they are included in a list that I have create.
How can I do this? What option of data_source I have to use? Any change in the database will be a change in the subscribers list of my list?

  1. You must use user_data_source include2 (this should be used for all lists but it is needed when using includes).
  2. Then you can set a SQL include just seeting the defferent parameters.

SQL query inclusion (include_sql_query) (default)
Help
database type :
short name for this source :
remote host :
database name :
connection options :
environment variables for database connexion :
remote user :
remote password :
SQL query :
Directory where the database is stored (used for DBD::CSV only) :

Just try it and then review the subscriber lists to verify it. The data are updated according to the ttl parameter (default 72000 s). This job is performed by teh taskmanager. Check it is running.
the only manner to slect the owner and moderators of the list is modifying the config file in the folder of the list into sympa/expl true?

You can do it on line in the configuration admin module. You may also use the same scheme as for subscribers defening list owners and editor using external data sources if you are using version 5.0b

Serge