en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and GForge

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: GSLT Systems Administrator <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Digant C Kasundra <address@concealed>, Sympa users <address@concealed>, address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and GForge
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:24:52 +0100

We are currently working on this with Christian Bayle.
Here are the connexions that could be achieved to integrate Sympa and Gforge :
  1. Have a shared authentication session ; it implies Gforge is able to recognize Sympa's cookie
  2. Building ML members automatically, based on their attributes in Gforge database
  3. Trigger ML creation in Gforge, using Sympa's SOAP server. This requires some work to add the create_list feature in our SOAP server.
We only express the needs yet ; no development started. Therefore if some of you have already worked on the gforge integration or have ideas on what to do and how, please contribute to this thread.

CCed is Mathieu Peltier, managing the Objectweb site.

We are running a Gforge-based service ourselves and we'd need such an integration...

GSLT Systems Administrator wrote:
DCK> Has anyone managed to integrate Sympa and GForge (replacing Mailman)? If so, I would love some instructions or any kind of help possible to do
DCK> the same.

never done it myself but these guys have

        http://forge.objectweb.org/

maybe you can ask their site managers to share... and you can then
forward their response to us :)