en - Re: [sympa-users] reception html option and rich text format content.

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] reception html option and rich text format content.
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:47:49 +0100

address@concealed wrote:

Html: This mode is used when a subscriber wishes to receive mails sent in
both HTML and plain text formats only in HTML format.

According to the help file all email should be converted to hml if this option is chosen. However, I have been testing this feature without success as I sent both email in ascii text and rich text format with images (stationary and signature). I feel like I am missing something here. Sympa should be able to handle both rich text format and html as what I understand from the docs. Can someone explain this to me or shed some light on this?
No. The html reception option is only related to multipart/related message that contain text/html and text/plain content. Sympa never convert the content and does nothing with rich text content.

Serge