en - Re: [sympa-users] Having problems with "send it to me", 4.1.[2-5]

  • From: Mark Valiukas <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Having problems with "send it to me", 4.1.[2-5]
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:25:50 +1100

Mark Valiukas wrote:

I've just recently upgraded from a much patched and mutated
3.x installation to 4.1.5, and I've got a problem when users
try to have messages re-sent from the archives to themselves
through wwsympa.

If the currently logged-in user is the original sender of
the message or the list's owner the , the "send_me : action
succeeded" message displays and the message is sent and
lands in the user's mail box.

If not... nothing comes through.

<snip>

Resolved with the assistance of a German admin in a private
communication. I don't normally reply to myself, but I
couldn't find anything helpful in the FAQ or the archives.
The default mhonarc-ressources with 4.1.5 doesn't allow this
because the parameters aren't included in the form. It also
allows behaviour we consider undesirable at this site, i.e.
allowing users to tag their own messages for deletion from
the archives.

The resolution was simple enough; message info just needed
to be included in the form for all readers. This was done by
setting yyyy, month, msgid and action for everyone
passing the [IF action<>viewmod] test, and removing the
[IF user->email=$FROMADDR$] ... section of the

[IF user->email=$FROMADDR$] ... [ELSIF is_owner] ... test
in mhonarc-ressources, and make it condional only on is_owner
to retain the list owner's ability to tag messages for deletion.
The standard mhonarc-ressources file only allows people to have
their own messages or messages they have the right to delete
sent back to them... is this a bug, or a subtle hint to
customise the configuration?

Regards,

Mark.