en - Re: [sympa-users] Lists of lists

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Lists of lists
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:14:38 +0100

address@concealed wrote:

Is there a way to supress the custom_subject of a lists of lists?

For example, Lets say I have three lists: list1, list2, and list3, and each one has the
name of the list as the custom_subject. Then I create a list called
"alllists" (custom_subject alllists), with list1, list2, and list3 as the
subscribers. If I am a member of list1, and someone sends a message to alllists, the
subject line looks like:

[list1][alllists] Test Subject

Ideally, I would like to supress the custom_subject in this case. Is this
possible?

No, it isn't. The reason is that we never had design Sympa to authorize list as a subscribtion to another list. There are a lot of reason not to do this, including the incapacity to manage unsubscribtion, bounces, duplicated subscription, configuration inherited properties, ...

We strongly recommend to use sympa ext"ernal date inclusion system. It is really simple :
admin / edit list config / data source setup /
Then choose user_data_source : include2
include_list : list1
include_list : list2
include_list : list3