en - Re: [sympa-users] Not syncing lists with same names under different robots

  • From: Scott Balmos <address@concealed>
  • To: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Not syncing lists with same names under different robots
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:57:57 -0500

Adam Bernstein wrote:

I'm hoping this is something wrong with 4.1.x that was fixed in the 5.x beta. For the sake of this problem, I have two robots, lists.simunex.com and foo.lists.simunex.com. Each has a list named everyone (e.g. address@concealed & address@concealed).

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Listnames are shared across
all virtual robots in Sympa, so you can't have two lists with
the same name anywhere on the system, in any version.

Needless to say, others have requested this feature already
and the developers are aware of it, but it doesn't look like
it's going to happen anytime soon.

ab

Well that just completely frosts my night... *mutter*

Great that that's not documented anywhere in any part of the manual, or any FAQ I've tried to Google. All along, I'd thought virtual robots allow for unique lists with the same names at different hosts. That may very well put the brakes on my whole system design. :/

Seriously, any ideas on this one from the CRU guys, whether it can be put in Sometime Soon[tm]? Or should I just give up and start coding my own MLM system? </sarc> :o

--
Slightly Frustrated in Toledo
aka Scott