en - [sympa-users] Not syncing lists with same names under different robots

  • From: Scott Balmos <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Not syncing lists with same names under different robots
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:54:02 -0500

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping this is something wrong with 4.1.x that was fixed in the 5.x beta. For the sake of this problem, I have two robots, lists.simunex.com and foo.lists.simunex.com. Each has a list named everyone (e.g. address@concealed & address@concealed).

I have created appropriate config files for each list in the appropriate location, since both lists' memberships are dynamically created from LDAP queries. I happened to create the address@concealed config first. The subscriber_table table in SQL synchronizes fine with LDAP. However, I notice that the list_subscriber field for all the entries only says "everyone", and does not include the robot name (foo.lists.simunex.com).

Next, I created the config for address@concealed . However, this list's memberships never synchronizes with LDAP. Additionally, none of the other control files ever get created (include.lock, stats, and msg_count).

This is a problem because pretty much all of my robots will have a list named everyone@whatever, in addition to any other lists that happen to be named the same. Is this a bug, or how should I go about working around this? Thanks!

--Scott