en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 4.1.4 quirks

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Christian Lalanne <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 4.1.4 quirks
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:09:24 +0100

Christian Lalanne wrote:

Bonjour!

Hi !

I am in process of migrating our Mailman 2.0.13 installation over to Sympa 4.1.4, but I have noticed a few annoyances:

- A customized template using "FOREACH l in which ..." when used as list.us.tpl but doesn't when used as home.tpl.us?! The variables just don't resolve there.

Yes true. If you need this var in the home page, you may change the default action in sympa with parameter default_home in wwsympa.conf then customize list.us.tpl

- My browser's title bars have uninterpreted code in certain areas (lists summary page but not "home" or "lists"): "<script> <!-- document.write("Dynameq" + "@" "---.ca")A // --> </script>
and most importantly

Which browser ? You should report this as a bug using http://www.sympa.org/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

- My lists are all closed to subscription, yet the subscribe button is active in the list summary page and people can request to subscribe!

Really strange. Did you edit the scenario ? Remember that editing scenario need deamon to be restarted (or change/touch list config file).

Any idea why these things are happening?

Since I am setting this up just now, should I think of going directly to Sympa 5.0 beta instead of starting with 4.1.4? How stable is it?

Quite good now but do not use 5.0b1 tar.gz file but the cvs version.

Serge Aumont