en - Re: [sympa-users] queue problem (more information)

  • From: Johann Spies <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] queue problem (more information)
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:40:02 +0200

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 12:06:05PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:

> > >1. What could have caused this behaviour of sympa not to complete it's
> > >queue?
> > >

> > The most basic reason would be that sympa.pl process would not be
> > running. Try a ps (or init.d/sympa status) to check this point.
> > Anyway it would be a good idea to check sympa log files.
>
> This problem has occurred again and I have found that sympa.pl is
> dying regularly... :(
>

> > >2. What should an administrator like myself do in such a case?
> > >

> > Check if the process is running and check log files.
>

> I fail to see in the logs why sympa.pl stopped working:

> address@concealed for
> address@concealed yyyy:2005, mm:02 dd:21 hh:12 min04 ss:25
>
> Apparently this last mailing list (the one of which the owner
> complained about sympa) breaks it.

I have removed the pulp-related item from the queue directory and now
sympa.pl works without a problem. I then found that the message
contained a .doc attachment. I suspect that is what made sympa die?

I have asked the owner of the list now to stop sending attachments
with the messages.

How is sympa handling attachments anyhow? Where can I read about it?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they
follow me; And I give unto them eternal life; and they
shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them
out of my hand." John 10:27,28