en - Re: [sympa-users] Force quiet

  • From: Stephen Braswell <address@concealed>
  • To: Sam Lalonde <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Force quiet
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:30:15 -0500

Sam Lalonde wrote:
How can I force all subscriber additions to be "quiet?" I would not
like the list owners to have any option.

there may be a better way, but i just removed the quiet checkbox from the
wwsympa templates. we don't have any users tech savvy enough to figure
out that they can just use the QUIET command...

You would likely want to keep the field since you want to force all additions to be quiet but set it as a hidden HTML field with the value set. Since the field is a checkbox without a value, its checked value defaults to 'on'.

You could replace

<input type="checkbox" name="quiet" />

with

<input type="hidden" name="quiet" value="on" />

I have not tested this but it should work.

Regards,

-Stephen