en - [sympa-users] Shared web access confusion

  • From: Chris Hastie <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Shared web access confusion
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:49:20 +0000

Hi

I've just started to use the shared web facility for the first time. I want an
area where subscribers can upload documents. These documents should be freely
viewable, but should not be editable by anyone but the owner and list owner.

I've created a directory with public read access and private (subscribers
only)
edit access. The default edit scenario appears to be listowners only.

However, when a document is uploaded it seems to start off life in the shared
web with the edit scenario 'private' ie all subscribers can edit it. Is the
edit access inherited from the directory, or is there some way I can ensure
that documents are initially editable only by list owners (and preferably the
document owner)?

--
Chris Hastie