en - RE: [sympa-users] Shared web access confusion

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Shared web access confusion
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:11:22 -0800

>Is the
> edit access inherited from the directory, or is there some way I can ensure
> that documents are initially editable only by list owners (and preferably
> the
> document owner)?

Chris --

We seem to want all the same mods. I agree that all newly created
files should default to being editable only by the owner and list
owner, but setting it that way with the "access... edit" setting
currently means subscribers can't upload anything, which is not
what we want.

This was one of the first hacks I made to our Sympa install, very
simply changing one line (that appears twice) in wwsympa.fcgi to
override the edit permission on all uploaded files and newly
created directories and files. Bizarrely, looking back at the
code now, I seem to have actually lost that mod somewhere in the
chain of upgrades, so I'll have to fix that. But I think it's
just a matter of changing:

print DESC " edit $access{'scenario'}{'edit'}\n\n";

in d_create_dir() and do_d_upload() to:

print DESC " edit owner\n\n";

Be sure to test, of course.

ab