en - Re: [sympa-users] Two questions

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Brent Kearney <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Two questions
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:42:19 +0100

Hi Brent,

Brent Kearney a écrit :
I have two questions about sympa list configuration.  Is there any way
to setup dynamic editors for a list?  Instead of having lines like:

editor
email address@concealed

...in the config file, it would be nice to specify an SQL query.

We've added this feature in the release 5 to come.
You will be able to define owners/editors as the result of an external datasource.
Exemple (piece of list config file) :
owner_include
source my_sql_query
source_parameters a,b,c
reception nomail
profile normal

In the previous example Sympa will look for the datasources/my_sql_query.incl file and will run it to get a set of email addresses. note the 'source_parameters' option that allows you to provide parameters to the my_sql_query.incl.

Sample my_sql_query.incl file :
include_sql_query
db_type mysql
host sqlserv.admin.univ-rennes1.fr
user xxx
passwd yyy
db_name [% param.0 %]
sql_query SELECT DISTINCT [% param.1 %] FROM [% param.2 %]
My second question concerns the "send" parameter.  Is there a way
to specify a list of email addresses that are allowed to send to a
list, when email addresses are not list subscribers?  Again, it
would be great if that could be included using an SQL query.
You can use the equal scenario condition as follows :
equal([sender],'address@concealed') smtp,md5 -> do_it
It is also possible to perform a search in a LDAP directory : see http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node11.html#SECTION001120000000000000000

I appears that this feature has been extended by Giorgio Donnini (University of Milan, Italy) for performing SQL searches ; we might add this to the Sympa distribution...