en - Re: [sympa-users] Postfix and regexp aliases with transport

  • From: Cef <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Postfix and regexp aliases with transport
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:26:24 +1100

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 04:09, Jacques Leyrat wrote:
> I should like now do it directly with the transport table, but when I
> try to send a mail to address@concealed , it enters in a loop,
> and I get the following failure:
>
> Reporting-MTA: dns; clenche.unicaen.fr
> Arrival-Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:38:42 +0100 (CET)
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822; address@concealed
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host smtp2.unicaen.fr[10.14.32.63] said: 554
> Error: too many hops (in reply to end of DATA command)
>
> <snip!>
>
> *transport_regexp:*
> /^.*+owner\@sympa\.unicaen\.fr\.tld$/ sympabounce:
> /^.*\@sympa\.unicaen\.fr\.tld$/ sympa:
>
> *virtual_regexp*:
> /^(.*)-owner\@sympa\.unicaen\.fr\.tld$/ $address@concealed
>
> According to the logs (option verbose), it seems to be a problem in
> transport and/or virtual regexp which result is that sympa.unicaen.fr is
> not recognized as local and passed to the relay host.

Not an idea per se, but look at the postmap command and use it to debug your
transport table. You can feed postmap tables and a test email address, and it
will output the address(es) that the table provides that match it.

It works with all postmap tables, from the standard text 'alias' style maps,
through regexp and on to mysql and LDAP. Very useful tool for debugging
postmap stuff like this.

--
Stuart Young - aka Cefiar - address@concealed