en - [sympa-users] uid problems with wwsympa

  • From: Daniel Viñar Ulriksen <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] uid problems with wwsympa
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:13:42 +0100

Hello,

I have installed Sympa 4.1.2 on a Debain stable from the
distribution (testing from linuxia.de, I think).
All runs perfectly when I configure Apache with User/Group set to
sympa/sympa, but I would like to set up a virtual host as explained in
the FAQ: http://www.sympa.org/fom-serve/cache/84.html
because I need the default user/group for some other packages on the
same server.

I tired hard, but couldn't solve it... :-(

I have a 500 "internal server error": http://sympa.belvil.net/wws/. In
the apache error logs of the virtualhost I have:
[Mon <date>] [error] [client <IP>] Premature end of script headers:
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/sympa/wwsympa.fcgi

Some additional information:
- wwsympa runs ok with apache uid.gid sympa.sympa in basic script mode,
but not (yet) with fastCGI.
- I have apache 1.3.26
- the debian configuration script of sympa configures sympa ok,
but not wwsympa: I had to set up the virtualhost myself. (this script
creates a /etc/apache/conf.d/sympa file, which makes me think that it
tries to configure apache 2)
- debian installs the wwsympa scripts in /usr/lib/cgi-bin/sympa/
(and not in /home/sympa, as in the example of the FAQ). I did several
trials, modifying the DocumentRoot of the sympa virtualhost
(indeed, suExec doc says that the script must be under the
DocumentRoot), doing symbolic links and/or modifying files ownership,
but nothing works...

Could someone help me to sort out what I am doing wrong?

I also saw another FAQ or a message on this list of someone telling
he/she had the same problem and finally solved it running another apache
server. Is it another deamon on the same machine? How could I do that
without breaking my whole debian? Should I run it on another port?
I would grately aprreciate any help or link to a good tutorial.

Merci d'avance. TIA

daniel

  • [sympa-users] uid problems with wwsympa, Daniel Viñar Ulriksen, 11/23/2004