en - Re: [sympa-users] a couple of problems

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Yonni Edelist <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] a couple of problems
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:26:05 +0200

Hi Yonni,

Let we mention that you are running a 4.2b.x version, might be important for other list members.

Yonni Edelist wrote:

two problems i encountered with sympa lately:
1. when i try to use the web interface to purge a closed list, i get a
500-internal server error. sympa log, however, says nothing.

We've fixed this problem recently ; here is the patch :
http://sourcesup.cru.fr/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/sympa/wwsympa/wwsympa.fcgi.diff?r2=1.442&cvsroot=sympa&r1=1.441&diff_format=u

2. since i couldn't get alias_manager.pl to work with qmail, i created my own
alias_manager.pl, and put it in the /bin directory. when i run it myself from
the command line (i.e %perl alias_manager.pl add list my.domain.org) it works
great. when i create a list using the web interface, it doesn't work.
here's what the log says:
-Internal error : Incorrect call to alias_manager

That indicates that the alias_manager.pl script returned an error status with '2' as a value. It indicates incorrect parameters in the original script but might indicate something else in your modified version... You should also check that you have correct privileges on your aliases file.

If you wish to share your qmail-specific alias_manager.pl, we could maybe add it to the Sympa distribution.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités