en - Re: [sympa-users] lists with the same names on virtual domains

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] lists with the same names on virtual domains
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 13:36:54 +0200

We wish to remove this limitation in the near future, but we can't provide a date yet.

I doubt we can delegate this job to somebody because it implies changes in the heart of Sympa.

Robert G. Ristroph wrote:

I noted that the documentation said that two virtual domains should not have lists with
the same name. I tested the creation of such a list and sure enough it said
"list_already_exists".

Is fixing this planned ? If the sympa developers time is too limited, they
might have other issues to address first, if so would it be something that I
could undertake myself, or is it very complecated ?
I can program in perl, but I don't have a lot of experience doing it.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités