en - Re: [sympa-users] plain text digests?

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Ajay Sharma <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] plain text digests?
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:08:31 +0200

I confirm that Chris Hastie's patch for plain text digest has been applied to the main development tronc.
But we also did start new developments including :
  1. template format migration to TT2 (http://www.tt2.org/)
  2. gathering of all translatable strings in a single catalogue file (PO format)
  3. (1) and (2) make it possible to use language-independant templates. We'll now maintain 10 times less templates ! This should make our life and translator's life easier. We will also be able to introduce major changes in the web interface easily (CSS, Javasript menus,...)
We are hopping a running version of this development version will be available next summer.

Ajay Sharma a écrit :
[...]
I wrote a patch to 4.1 to achieve this, which you can find in the bug tracking database at http://listes.cru.fr/mantis, as bug 260. I believe this has now been incorporated into the CVS version of Sympa.
Excellent!  Is there any ETA on the next version of Sympa?  I'm not looking for a hard release date, just an idea if the new version is close to a beta or has development just started.

Also, if I patch my version of sympa will there be any problems when I upgrade to the next release?
--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites