en - Re: [sympa-users] Archiving attachements

  • From: Stewart James <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Archiving attachements
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:59:30 +1100

Seem to be answering my own question here.

mhonarc has a file mhmimetypes.pl which appears to contain a list of
mime.types and their extentions (they had vnd.msexcel ms-excel but no
msexcel). I had a quick look over the file and did not see anywhere it
would read in more data from a config file.

If anyone knows a better solution. I would really like to here it.

CHeers,

Stewart

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 09:40, Stewart James wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a little curios on attachments.
>
> I had a user send through an excel file (whatever.xls) when it was
> archived it became bin00000.bin (bugger was my first thought).
>
> I digged deeper and saw that the users mail client set the ime type as
> application/msexcel - I also noted that my mime.types file did not list
> this (it listed application/vnd.msexcel.
>
> Is there a direct correlation between the archiving of messages and
> their file types once archived - e.g. if I ass a line in my mime.types:
> application/msexcel xls
>
> would sympa then pick up that file type correctly?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stewart

  • Archiving attachements, Stewart James, 03/10/2004
    • Re: [sympa-users] Archiving attachements, Stewart James, 03/10/2004