en - Archiving attachements

  • From: Stewart James <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Archiving attachements
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:40:53 +1100

Hi all,

Just a little curios on attachments.

I had a user send through an excel file (whatever.xls) when it was
archived it became bin00000.bin (bugger was my first thought).

I digged deeper and saw that the users mail client set the ime type as
application/msexcel - I also noted that my mime.types file did not list
this (it listed application/vnd.msexcel.

Is there a direct correlation between the archiving of messages and
their file types once archived - e.g. if I ass a line in my mime.types:
application/msexcel xls

would sympa then pick up that file type correctly?

Thanks,

Stewart