en - Re: [sympa-users] Re: [sympa-users] Limits to nrcpt?

  • From: Stewart James <address@concealed>
  • To: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Mark Valiukas <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Re: [sympa-users] Limits to nrcpt?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:34:45 +1100

Thanks for the response.

> The limitation can come from your system : max argument to commands or
> from "avg" sympa.conf parameter wich is the maximum number of defferent
> domain per sendmail call

The list in question is dealing with a single domain, and I know my
previous scripts on similar box were happy to deliver a message to all
recipients in one message. It is just odd that the split is occuring at
100.

However, I did find that MaxRecipientsPerMessage=100 default line (still
commented in my sendmail.cf. I checked the other system as well, but for
some reason (probably will never have time to figure out) sendmail was
ignoring that on the other system.

Will see if delivery tonight occurs in one big message.

BTW if anyone is interested in why we would possibly want this: one
message to the single server means we can store one copy and hardlink to
the original....single message store feature :)

Thanks again,

Stewart