en - Re: [sympa-users] Limits to nrcpt?

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Mark Valiukas <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Limits to nrcpt?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:01:56 +0100

Mark Valiukas wrote:

We have valid reasons for wanting to set the maximum number of
recipients per sendmail call quite high, and have attempted
to set "nrcpt 10000" in sympa.conf (although the number
of recipients per message run will probably only be in
the order of ~= 3500 at this stage)

However, the mail is still going out to 100 at a time.
Is there something else we've missed?

The limitation can come from your system : max argument to commands or from "avg" sympa.conf parameter wich is the maximum number of defferent domain per sendmail call

This is primarily an internal system, and the majority
of our lists will only go to addresses within our domain.
However, I appreciate that such large mailings would not be appreciated if they made their way out into the
Internet... is there any way of varying this per robot
or per list?

We doub that this can be usefull because thoses parameters are needed only to tune the SMTP processus handled by sendmail, postfix or qmail . However, if you are sure that it is needed, it's easy to do, just clone the way that list and robot parameters are managed. The code is deseigned to make any parameter depending on list/robot/site config file.

Regards
Serge