en - Errors in html_summary (V3 version)

  • From: Mark Valiukas <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Errors in html_summary (V3 version)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:53:24 +1100

Mark Valiukas wrote:

I've cleaned up and expanded on the code I posted a
very rough early version of, and I'm just about ready to go into production with it

Whoops...

Found an error. Or two. Or three...
They're mentioned here for the benefit of anyone
who's been following this.

A MIME Multipart/Alternative message is created, based on
html_summary.tpl and html_summary.plain.tpl for the html
and plain parts respectively. The included versions are very
similar to what we're planning on going into production with.

...then why have I still got a mime part in the message
for multipart/related?

To fix this, comment out this line in the patched List.pm:

$html_msg->add_part($related);

Most mail clients are sufficiently lax to allow
the version here to work, but imap access on my
ipaq (with a partial download) never worked, and
weird things happened under kmail. Lose the extra
part, and it works.

I've discovered that my clever attempt at reading
from templates in locations other than the list's
directory doesn't seem to work, either. You'll need
a local html_summary.tpl and html_summary.plain.tpl
in the directory of each group you want to use the
format for. Not a big deal for us, as I'll probably
just have local templates for the groups that need
them until we move to V4, but I mention it to save
others having to track my bugs.

My gaffe with the extra part also affects
my V4 patches, as although it moves to templates
the position of the mime separators is based on
their position in the version sent out by my
V3 code. I'll have a new V4 template soon.

--
Mark Valiukas