en - Re: [sympa-users] Using add without getting a reply

  • From: Nick Holden <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Using add without getting a reply
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 08:57:13 +0000

Yeah, OK. That makes sense.

But if I want to create a routine on a different server, say a web
server, that can add people to a list on a remote Sympa server, what
I've done is to have the web server create an email that sends:

QUIET ADD email list

to the appropriate sympa email address. The 'from' address is marked to
be the list owner, and the permissions for the list say owners can add
without notify. So, there's no notify, but the list owner still gets an
email from Sympa every time the web server adds someone to the list,
because Sympa replies to the 'from' address with a 'the results of your
commands' message. Can we turn that off, for this particular case, or
for this list?

Or could we create another list owner email address, that in fact goes
to /dev/null, from which the webserver could send those ADD emails?

Or is there a better way altogether?

Thanks,

Nick

--