en - Re: [sympa-users] Using add without getting a reply

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Nick Holden <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Using add without getting a reply
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:13:23 +0100

We've developped a SOAP server in Sympa exaclty to meet that kind of needs : remote Sympa service call.
The SOAP server currently just handle subbscription and signoff, owner ADD and DEL functions have not been implemented yet, but it won't be long...

Here is the documentation of the SOAP server : http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node9.html
and here is a sample PHP SOAP client : http://demo.sympa.org/sampleClient.php

Nick Holden wrote:

Yeah, OK. That makes sense.

But if I want to create a routine on a different server, say a web
server, that can add people to a list on a remote Sympa server, what
I've done is to have the web server create an email that sends:

QUIET ADD email list

[...]
Or is there a better way altogether?

--