en - Re: [sympa-users] BIG performance boost for big lists!

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] BIG performance boost for big lists!
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:40:08 +0100

Hi Adam,

It is abvisouly not your fault but sympa's who did not create indexes when it creates tables and fields automatically (at first startup). The DB structure ended not being the one defined in create_db.mysql script.

Here is a fix for this (against the 4.x branch) :
http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/src/List.pm.diff?r2=1.413&r1=1.412&f=u

Adam Bernstein wrote:

Oops, uh... nevermind. I just saw that the index creation is in the create_db file (in 3.4.4.3) and is live on one of our servers,
so I don't know why it was missing from the other server. It's a
mystery for us to solve, but probably not interesting or relevant
for anyone else.

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites