en - BIG performance boost for big lists!

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: BIG performance boost for big lists!
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:08:42 -0800

I have just discovered a HUGE performance booster for Sympa with
big lists (50,000+ subscribers) in MySQL: Add a single-column index
to the email_user column in user_table, and a two-column index to the
email_subscriber and list_subscriber columns in subscriber_table.
Subscriber list generation and display is now MANY times faster, as
is import and export of large (1000+) subscriber lists. (We have
added an Export List function to the Web interface.)

I did this through phpMyAdmin, but you can use the CREATE INDEX
command of MySQL.

And Olivier or Serge: I think this would be a great modification to
the default table structure of Sympa, as it won't hurt with small
lists either.

ab
* Electric Embers: Powering the fires of change *
* Web, Email, List, and Antivirus/Antispam hosting for the community *
* http://electricembers.net Member of http://techunderground.org *