en - Re: [sympa-users] still no determined answer

  • From: Stephen Braswell <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] still no determined answer
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:15:43 -0500

I have sympa v 3.4.4.3 working with MySQL database and it works good.
Now I have another host that have MicrosoftSQL (MSSQL) Database installed
on it, my target is to make my sympa-host connect to this MSSQL Database
and get the information in it.

Kareem,

I have a colleague that has used the libraries available at http://www.freetds.org to connect to a Microsoft SQL Server using the TDS protocol on Unix servers. He used PHP for the frontend but it will work for Perl as well. You will have to use the Sybase DBD in Perl since the TDS protocol was (I think) developed by Sybase.

There is some documentation on the FreeTDS web site listed above that describes how to get it to work with Perl. I wish I could provide more assistance but I haven't tried to get this work.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

-Stephen