en - Re: [sympa-users] still no determined answer

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] still no determined answer
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:58:39 +0100

There have been many answers to your question regarding Sympa and MSSQL, I thought you had enough clues to go on succeed... Anyway here are some more information :

1/ We've never tried querying a MSSQL DB from Sympa ourselves
2/ Sympa has been designed to query almost any DB, thanks to DBI and DBD
3/ Sympa has 2 kind of relationships with databases :
a/ storing its own data (subscriptions, preferences,..)
b/ building a list based on an external database
I suppose you are concerned with (b), otherwise you would have just installed MySQL.
4/ to achieve (b) you should :
* install the appropriate DBD (DataBase Driver) Perl module (see http://search.cpan.org)
* configure the mailing list to include sql-based members (include_sql_query)
5/ If no DBD module is available for MSSQL, then ODBC might be a solution.
6/ If you don't know what ODBC is then you should learn about it.

Please let the sympa-users ML know how you did it if you reach your goal.

address@concealed wrote:

Till now i didn't receive a specified answer about my question, I ll ask
again.

I have sympa v 3.4.4.3 working with MySQL database and it works good.
Now I have another host that have MicrosoftSQL (MSSQL) Database installed on
it, my target is to make my sympa-host connect to this MSSQL Database and get
the information in it.

so can this be done or no ?

--
Olivier Salaun