en - If i used Oracle

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: If i used Oracle
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:50:15 +0100

I have a server contains Oracle Database contains these details (username,
passwords, emails, address, company-names,.......).

And another server has SYMPA mailing List working with MySQL.

so now i have 2 databases (MySQL of SYMPA and ORACLE of the other server).

And i want my Sympa to retrieve this ORACLE Database and use it to add them
in Sympa database.

how can i deal with this? and use the Oracle database.

these are some steps that i ll do, are they right ?

(1) download and install the Oracle DBD for linux
(2) connect to the server (which contains the oracle database) and get the
details from it

now SYMPA has read these database, so i have a question here:
these imported database how can sympa deal with them ?? shall it put it in
its database ? (i.e. send them the posting emails when some one is posting to
a mail-list) or what is done with this database.

  • If i used Oracle, kareemkamel, 01/13/2004