en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 3.4.3.1 (Solaris 2.9) web archive strangeness

  • From: John Douglass <address@concealed>
  • To: Sympa Users <address@concealed>, Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 3.4.3.1 (Solaris 2.9) web archive strangeness
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:27:08 -0500

Serge Aumont wrote:

John Douglass wrote:

While doing investigation on why my disk is filling up, I found that some lists are being archived to the web archive even though they are set with a closed web archive...

My list "config" file reads:
-- CUT --
web_archive
access closed
-- CUT --

"web_archive
access closed" means the access to the archive is closed, it doesn't say no to archive messages. If you don't need archive you should remove the web_archive paragraph in the list config.

If you don't need the archive (i.e. closed) from the user interface, how do you remove the web_archive paragraph? I'm feeling that I have to do this by hand at this point? You need some kind of scenari to allow the end user to set...which gives that paragraph a value yes?

For example, given current code, how would I have a user with a web archive turn it off so as not to have it putting stuff in my disk? :)

Thanks for the response :)
- JohnD