en - Editing additional database fields via wwsympa?

  • From: "Jim Rowan" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Editing additional database fields via wwsympa?
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 17:19:44 -0600

> - (Related:) I want to have an addition field in the
> database, "company". It seems obvious to me that this should
> go in the user table, but from what I can tell wwsympa only
> uses additional fields from the subscriber table. Do I have
> to mirror all my additional fields into the subscriber table?

For the time being, I added the company field to both tables, and have
populated it with data. (I'm not too concerned right now with the
obvious data integrity issue!) I'm now trying to get wwsympa to update
it. I've slightly whacked editsubscriber.us.tpl to show the field, and
it does indeed show it correctly. However, if I change it via the form,
the database does not change. Am I missing something small, or is there
more to it than editing the template to make it show up? Can you give
me an outline what I need to do to make it work?

Thanks!
Jim