en - Re: [sympa-users] Some trouble...

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Some trouble...
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:57:19 +0200

Marco Gaiarin wrote:

Ok, thanks to Stefan now i'm running sympa 3.4.4.3-2, and apart some
packaging bug specific to debian, seems that all work well.

I've some trouble/misunderstanding, and the manual don't help me so
much.

If i logout and then try to log in back, wwsympa reply me that i'm
still logged in as user unknown. I've to manually go to browser cookie
and wipe it.

That probably because current logout button continue to the current page. If you are in a page that require to be logged "logout" should redirect you to the home page otherwise it ask you for login.

i've setup one of my AKA as owner, and another AKA as moderator. as
owner i cannot moderate submission, as moderator i cannot access the
``moderate'' link (really, there's no a moderate link).
Mmmh.. i've found the bug: i switched the language from italian to
english and the problem disappered: the link moderate from owner became
inactive, and the link moderate as moderator appear.

So seems a bug in the italian translation template. ;(

We do upate french and english version but not the other ones. Some templates are old and make bugs if used running a more recent version. We have received a update for italien version that we did apply to 4.0.Xa versions. We will fixe this introducing TT2 templates in version 4.2. In TT2 templates we will separe completly text strings to be displayed and HTML structure so it will be easy to maintain so many langages.

after a succesful send for a list i got back:

2003-10-15 11:27:57 1A9hwm-0004ED-00 <= <> H=smtp6.libero.it [193.70.192.59]
P=esmtp S=5263 address@concealed
2003-10-15 11:27:58 1A9hwm-0004ED-00 => ac-sg-equipe
<address@concealed> D=sympa_bounce
T=sympa_bounce_pipe
2003-10-15 11:27:58 1A9hwm-0004ED-00 Completed

and in sympa.log:

Oct 15 11:28:25 rita bounced[2186]: error: no address found in message from
address@concealed for list ac-sg-equipe

I think this is some sort of error from the mailserver of libero.it,
but how i can track down?!

Bounced.pl was not able to recognize a return from this MTA. You can extend bouncelib.pm (quite easy to do) or send us the unrecognized bounce.

PS: for exim is needed another little addings... in directors
configuration you have to add/modify the system_aliases director as:

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
file = /etc/aliases
search_type = lsearch
user = sympa

typically it sufficies to add user = sympa to the end. ;)

Please could you add this to Sympa FAQ : http://www.sympa.org/fom-serve/cache/216.html

regards
Serge Aumont