en - Re: [sympa-users] Include2 delays when changing data sources setup

  • From: John Dalbec <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Include2 delays when changing data sources setup
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:02:13 -0400

Olivier Salaun - CRU wrote:

Hi John,

The creation of missing tasks in performed at the first in the tasl_manager's main loop. This will happen, typically if you changed from 'include' to 'include2', a new sync_include task for the list will be created. The next loop will execute this newly created task. Because it takes 2 loops to create and then execute a task and because the task_manager might process some tasks in the meanwhile, the subscriber cache may take a few minutes to initialize.

We hope to change the code to allow wwsympa.fcgi to execute the first sync_include ; it would make the new list of subscribers available straight away on the web interface.

I converted several lists to include2 mode today. Most of them worked fine, but the task_manager kept creating tasks for one of the lists and never executing them. The only difference I can see is that the list name contains a '+' character. Is that the problem?

John Dalbec wrote:

I'm running Sympa 3.4.4.1 now. I've thought about installing 3.4.4.3 but there doesn't seem to be an RPM for it yet.

The RPM exists. You just haven't updated the link from the main page on www.sympa.org.
John

I've converted my rapidly-changing list to include2 mode and reset the timeout to something reasonable for when the list is not changing. Now when I change the data sources setup it seems to take a while for the task_manager to create and run the new sync_include. How often does it check for missing tasks? Does a newly created task run immediately?