en - Re: [sympa-users] Include2 delays when changing data sources setup

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: John Dalbec <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Include2 delays when changing data sources setup
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:17:44 +0200

Hi John,

The creation of missing tasks in performed at the first in the tasl_manager's main loop. This will happen, typically if you changed from 'include' to 'include2', a new sync_include task for the list will be created. The next loop will execute this newly created task. Because it takes 2 loops to create and then execute a task and because the task_manager might process some tasks in the meanwhile, the subscriber cache may take a few minutes to initialize.

We hope to change the code to allow wwsympa.fcgi to execute the first sync_include ; it would make the new list of subscribers available straight away on the web interface.

John Dalbec wrote:

I'm running Sympa 3.4.4.1 now. I've thought about installing 3.4.4.3 but there doesn't seem to be an RPM for it yet.
I've converted my rapidly-changing list to include2 mode and reset the timeout to something reasonable for when the list is not changing. Now when I change the data sources setup it seems to take a while for the task_manager to create and run the new sync_include. How often does it check for missing tasks? Does a newly created task run immediately?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites