en - Automatic deletion via reminder message

  • From: "Paul Borghese" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Automatic deletion via reminder message
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:30:46 -0400

I sent out a reminder message and ended up deleting 1771 of my users on a list I run.  Some needed to be deleted as the e-mail was no longer valid.  But some were deleted just because of temporary service interruptions such as mailbox full.

I would like to take those who are temporarily removed from the list and put them on a bounce reminder list ala Majordomo.  Then once a week send a message explaining why they were removed.  Any thoughts on automatically doing this when the reminder message is sent?  Any way to configure the reminder message to only delete for permanent failures?

Thanks!

Paul

  • Automatic deletion via reminder message, Paul Borghese, 09/12/2003