en - apparently inconsistent behaviour in virtual lookups

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: apparently inconsistent behaviour in virtual lookups
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 18:58:04 +0200

Hello,
I configured a virtual robot for a virtual domain in Sympa, with user
lookup in a MySQL database, and I got a strange behaviour in Sympa
lookups. I read the manual and the FAQ, and looked at source code
(especially List.pm) but couldn't figure out what's going on...

Here is the problem:
the list is address@concealed; I created
/home/sympa/etc/mydomain.com/robot.conf and put the list configuration
data in /home/sympa/expl/mydomain.com/ml-test/
Posting to the list is allowed only to subscribers.
When I send a message to the list, Sympa checks in the subscriber_table
MySQL table for a user with the sender address and
'address@concealed' in the list_subscriber column; however, when the
message gets accepted, Sympa builds the recipient list looking for users
whose 'list_subscriber' field in the subscriber_table table is just
'ml-test' without the robot part.
I see from the FAQ that I can't have two lists with the same name under
the same Sympa setup even when using virtual robots, but this lookup
behaviour looks inconsistent and weird: I have to _duplicate_ each
subscriber account in subscriber_table, one with the full mailing list
name in the list_subscriber field, one with the mailing list name
without the @mydomain.com part.
When using WWSympa, only users with the list_subscriber field set to the
short mailing list name get displayed (at least this is the same in
WWSympa and in the recipient lookup query).

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance,

--
Andrea Rota <address@concealed>

  • apparently inconsistent behaviour in virtual lookups, silver . wolf, 09/09/2003